Airport Metro to begin international check-in
New Delhi: International fliers can now board Delhi`s showcase Airport Metro Express `baggage-less` from Thursday when the much talked about check-in facility for flights abroad at its stations will kick off.
Coinciding with the first anniversary of its operation, the Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium will make this facility available at its New Delhi and Shivaji stadium stations from February 23.
While national carrier Air India will begin check-in of passengers` baggage from Thursday, private carriers Jet and Kingfisher will follow suit.
The facility will allow fliers to check-in their baggage before boarding the Airport Metro Express to reach the new swanky Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport. They will be given the boarding pass at the station itself.
The luggage will then be transferred to the train, which has a dedicated space, and directly boarded to the respective aircraft through a conveyor.
"Passengers have to check-in minimum two and half hours prior to their flight time. Fliers can check-in and collect their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their flight time," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.
Check-in facility for domestic fliers has been in operation for the past few months on the Airport Metro and the launching of check-in for international fliers has been long overdue.
The 23-km high-speed corridor that allows passengers to reach Airport from Connaught Place in flat 18 minutes currently has a ridership of 20,000 commuters.
The 6 hours early check-in facility will give commuters enough time to explore the retail outlets that Reliance Metro is coming up with, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands