Airport Metro to begin international check-in
New Delhi: International fliers can now board Delhi`s showcase Airport Metro Express `baggage-less` from Thursday when the much talked about check-in facility for flights abroad at its stations will kick off.
Coinciding with the first anniversary of its operation, the Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium will make this facility available at its New Delhi and Shivaji stadium stations from February 23.
While national carrier Air India will begin check-in of passengers` baggage from Thursday, private carriers Jet and Kingfisher will follow suit.
The facility will allow fliers to check-in their baggage before boarding the Airport Metro Express to reach the new swanky Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport. They will be given the boarding pass at the station itself.
The luggage will then be transferred to the train, which has a dedicated space, and directly boarded to the respective aircraft through a conveyor.
"Passengers have to check-in minimum two and half hours prior to their flight time. Fliers can check-in and collect their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their flight time," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.
Check-in facility for domestic fliers has been in operation for the past few months on the Airport Metro and the launching of check-in for international fliers has been long overdue.
The 23-km high-speed corridor that allows passengers to reach Airport from Connaught Place in flat 18 minutes currently has a ridership of 20,000 commuters.
The 6 hours early check-in facility will give commuters enough time to explore the retail outlets that Reliance Metro is coming up with, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid