AISA sweeps JNU students` union polls
New Delhi: The All India Students` Association (AISA) on Monday made a clean sweep in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students` union elections, bagging all four seats by huge margins.
The results of the election were declared Monday, after counting of votes for three days.
The post of president, vice president, general secretary and joint secretary all went to AISA.
Akbar Chaudhary was elected president, Anubhuti Agnes vice president, Avadesh Kumar general secretary and Sarfaraz Hamid was elected joint secretary to the central panel of the JNU Students` Union (JNUSU).
AISA also won 14 of the 26 councillor seats.
The Students` Federation of India, AISA and Democratic Students` Federation were the major players in the polls.
The National Students Union of India and the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had also fielded their candidates.
In 2012 too, leaving the post of president, all three posts were won by AISA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad