AISA sweeps JNU students` union polls
New Delhi: The All India Students` Association (AISA) on Monday made a clean sweep in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students` union elections, bagging all four seats by huge margins.
The results of the election were declared Monday, after counting of votes for three days.
The post of president, vice president, general secretary and joint secretary all went to AISA.
Akbar Chaudhary was elected president, Anubhuti Agnes vice president, Avadesh Kumar general secretary and Sarfaraz Hamid was elected joint secretary to the central panel of the JNU Students` Union (JNUSU).
AISA also won 14 of the 26 councillor seats.
The Students` Federation of India, AISA and Democratic Students` Federation were the major players in the polls.
The National Students Union of India and the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had also fielded their candidates.
In 2012 too, leaving the post of president, all three posts were won by AISA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir