AISA sweeps JNU students` union polls
New Delhi: The All India Students` Association (AISA) on Monday made a clean sweep in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students` union elections, bagging all four seats by huge margins.
The results of the election were declared Monday, after counting of votes for three days.
The post of president, vice president, general secretary and joint secretary all went to AISA.
Akbar Chaudhary was elected president, Anubhuti Agnes vice president, Avadesh Kumar general secretary and Sarfaraz Hamid was elected joint secretary to the central panel of the JNU Students` Union (JNUSU).
AISA also won 14 of the 26 councillor seats.
The Students` Federation of India, AISA and Democratic Students` Federation were the major players in the polls.
The National Students Union of India and the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had also fielded their candidates.
In 2012 too, leaving the post of president, all three posts were won by AISA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal