AISA sweeps JNU students` union polls
New Delhi: The All India Students` Association (AISA) on Monday made a clean sweep in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students` union elections, bagging all four seats by huge margins.
The results of the election were declared Monday, after counting of votes for three days.
The post of president, vice president, general secretary and joint secretary all went to AISA.
Akbar Chaudhary was elected president, Anubhuti Agnes vice president, Avadesh Kumar general secretary and Sarfaraz Hamid was elected joint secretary to the central panel of the JNU Students` Union (JNUSU).
AISA also won 14 of the 26 councillor seats.
The Students` Federation of India, AISA and Democratic Students` Federation were the major players in the polls.
The National Students Union of India and the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had also fielded their candidates.
In 2012 too, leaving the post of president, all three posts were won by AISA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic