Aiyar refuses to comment on Kalmadi`s resignation as CPP secy
New Delhi: A vocal critic of Suresh
Kalmadi, former Union Minister Manishankar Aiyar today parried
questions on the CWG organising committee chairman`s
resignation as secretary of the Congress Parliamentary Party.
"I have nothing to say on it," Aiyar, who was highly
critical of Kalmadi`s functioning and the Commonwealth Games,
told reporters outside Parliament.
On the issue of alleged corruption in the Commonwealth
Games, Aiyra said: "A committee (Shunglu committee) has been
formed by the government which is inquiring into it. When it
will submit the report then only I will make any comment. Why
should we prejudge it by making any comment."
Aiyar, who has vehemently opposed the decision to
organise the Games in the country, said, "My view was that we
are changing our national priorities. By organising the Games
we have not become a nation of sportspersons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof