Aiyar refuses to comment on Kalmadi`s resignation as CPP secy
New Delhi: A vocal critic of Suresh
Kalmadi, former Union Minister Manishankar Aiyar today parried
questions on the CWG organising committee chairman`s
resignation as secretary of the Congress Parliamentary Party.
"I have nothing to say on it," Aiyar, who was highly
critical of Kalmadi`s functioning and the Commonwealth Games,
told reporters outside Parliament.
On the issue of alleged corruption in the Commonwealth
Games, Aiyra said: "A committee (Shunglu committee) has been
formed by the government which is inquiring into it. When it
will submit the report then only I will make any comment. Why
should we prejudge it by making any comment."
Aiyar, who has vehemently opposed the decision to
organise the Games in the country, said, "My view was that we
are changing our national priorities. By organising the Games
we have not become a nation of sportspersons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?