Aiyar refuses to comment on Kalmadi`s resignation as CPP secy
New Delhi: A vocal critic of Suresh
Kalmadi, former Union Minister Manishankar Aiyar today parried
questions on the CWG organising committee chairman`s
resignation as secretary of the Congress Parliamentary Party.
"I have nothing to say on it," Aiyar, who was highly
critical of Kalmadi`s functioning and the Commonwealth Games,
told reporters outside Parliament.
On the issue of alleged corruption in the Commonwealth
Games, Aiyra said: "A committee (Shunglu committee) has been
formed by the government which is inquiring into it. When it
will submit the report then only I will make any comment. Why
should we prejudge it by making any comment."
Aiyar, who has vehemently opposed the decision to
organise the Games in the country, said, "My view was that we
are changing our national priorities. By organising the Games
we have not become a nation of sportspersons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam