Ajay Katara lodges complaint against DP Yadav
Ghaziabad: Ajay Katara, a prime witness in the Nitish Katara murder case, on Friday lodged a complaint alleging that DP Yadav, a prominent Uttar Pradesh leader, and his supporters threatened to kill him, police said.
Ajay said in his complaint that Yadav and his aides confronted him in a Ghaziabad court today and threatened him that if he is seen again in the court premises, he will be killed, police said.
A case under IPC Section 506 (criminal intimidation) has been lodged on the basis of Ajay`s complaint at Kavinagar police station and the matter is being probed, they said.
"Based on complaint filed by Ajay Katara, a case has been registered under IPC Section 506 and we are investigating the allegations made by him," Vinod Sirohi, station officer, Kavinagar police station, said.
Yadav`s son, Vikas, is undergoing life imprisonment along with Vishal Yadav for killing Nitish Katara in February 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok