Ajay Katara lodges complaint against DP Yadav
Ghaziabad: Ajay Katara, a prime witness in the Nitish Katara murder case, on Friday lodged a complaint alleging that DP Yadav, a prominent Uttar Pradesh leader, and his supporters threatened to kill him, police said.
Ajay said in his complaint that Yadav and his aides confronted him in a Ghaziabad court today and threatened him that if he is seen again in the court premises, he will be killed, police said.
A case under IPC Section 506 (criminal intimidation) has been lodged on the basis of Ajay`s complaint at Kavinagar police station and the matter is being probed, they said.
"Based on complaint filed by Ajay Katara, a case has been registered under IPC Section 506 and we are investigating the allegations made by him," Vinod Sirohi, station officer, Kavinagar police station, said.
Yadav`s son, Vikas, is undergoing life imprisonment along with Vishal Yadav for killing Nitish Katara in February 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!