Ajay Maken gives full marks to Dikshit govt
New Delhi: Accusing BJP of failing to
properly utilise government funds given to MCD, Union Minister
Ajay Maken on Wednesday made a scathing attack on the party saying
its rule is a story of "missed opportunities and omni-present
Addressing a press conference along with Delhi Congress
chief J P Agarwal, Maken said several projects had remained
pending for the past five years of BJP-ruled MCD despite
adequate finance from both state and central governments.
"Despite the fact that Central government as well as
Delhi government flushed the MCD with funds amounting to Rs
14,100 crore in the last 5 years, BJP`s rule is a story of
missed opportunities and omni-present corruption," Maken said.
The Sports Minister said Congress had worked hard to get
Rs 469.78 crore sanction for 16 projects for multi-level
parking under the JNNURM to be completed by March 31, 2012.
But most of these projects remained pending or stalled
due to BJP`s "inaction", he said.
"According to latest records, work for only seven multi-
level parking projects is underway. Two are in the process of
getting tenders, while tenders for four projects had to be
recalled and two were completely dropped.
"This has been the scenario under the governance of BJP.
Money has been provided to the corporation but they have
missed the opportunities. Delhi government`s performance has
been far better than the corporation`s," he said.
Raising the issue of unauthorised colonies, the former MoS
of Urban Development said in 2009, the ministry had issued a
notice asking such colonies to submit their layout plans for
them to be regularised.
But delay in clearing these layout plans by MCD had led
to situation remaining where it was earlier, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees