Akhilesh flags off Samajwadi Party cycle rally to woo voters for LS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections due in May, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav rode a bicycle as he flagged off a cycle rally organised by the Samajwadi Party here on Sunday to woo voters.
Starting from Jantar Mantar in Delhi, around 500 cyclists took off led by Samajwadi Party leader Atul Pradhan. Cycle is also the symbol of Samajwadi Party and rally is expected to reach Lucknow, which 550 kms from here, in around two weeks time.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, Akhilesh said that people of Uttar Pradesh know what other political parties are in reality, these parties have been exposed.
Akhilesh targetted BJP`s prime ministerial candidate while countering BJP leader Ashok Singhal, who had said that if Modi wins Ram Mandir will be constructed, and said that Singhal is spreading communalism.
With only few months left for the General Elections, many leaders of the regional parties have thrown their hats in the ring of the Third Front and have hinted at prime ministership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark