Akhilesh flags off Samajwadi Party cycle rally to woo voters for LS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections due in May, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav rode a bicycle as he flagged off a cycle rally organised by the Samajwadi Party here on Sunday to woo voters.
Starting from Jantar Mantar in Delhi, around 500 cyclists took off led by Samajwadi Party leader Atul Pradhan. Cycle is also the symbol of Samajwadi Party and rally is expected to reach Lucknow, which 550 kms from here, in around two weeks time.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, Akhilesh said that people of Uttar Pradesh know what other political parties are in reality, these parties have been exposed.
Akhilesh targetted BJP`s prime ministerial candidate while countering BJP leader Ashok Singhal, who had said that if Modi wins Ram Mandir will be constructed, and said that Singhal is spreading communalism.
With only few months left for the General Elections, many leaders of the regional parties have thrown their hats in the ring of the Third Front and have hinted at prime ministership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands