Akhilesh flags off Samajwadi Party cycle rally to woo voters for LS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections due in May, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav rode a bicycle as he flagged off a cycle rally organised by the Samajwadi Party here on Sunday to woo voters.
Starting from Jantar Mantar in Delhi, around 500 cyclists took off led by Samajwadi Party leader Atul Pradhan. Cycle is also the symbol of Samajwadi Party and rally is expected to reach Lucknow, which 550 kms from here, in around two weeks time.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, Akhilesh said that people of Uttar Pradesh know what other political parties are in reality, these parties have been exposed.
Akhilesh targetted BJP`s prime ministerial candidate while countering BJP leader Ashok Singhal, who had said that if Modi wins Ram Mandir will be constructed, and said that Singhal is spreading communalism.
With only few months left for the General Elections, many leaders of the regional parties have thrown their hats in the ring of the Third Front and have hinted at prime ministership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state