Alagh, Chidambaram in race for Delhi Univ VC
New Delhi: With the term of Delhi University
Vice Chancellor Deepak Pental nearing its end, the University
has set in motion the process of finalising the members of a
panel that will select his successor.
Names of potential candidates are shortlisted by a
three-member panel which recommends them to the President of
India who makes the choice.
The University Executive Council has recommended to the
three-member committee reputed agricultural economist and
former Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University Yogender
K Alagh and R Chidambaram, Scientific Adviser to the Prime
Minister for the post of VC, a University official said.
The names need to be approved by the Ministry of Human
Resource Development while a third name for the panel will be
suggested by the Visitor.
Pental`s term at the helm of affairs in the Delhi
University ends in August.
"The panel once formed will in two or three sittings
finalise three prospective names for the post of the next Vice
Chancellor," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror