Alagh, Chidambaram in race for Delhi Univ VC
New Delhi: With the term of Delhi University
Vice Chancellor Deepak Pental nearing its end, the University
has set in motion the process of finalising the members of a
panel that will select his successor.
Names of potential candidates are shortlisted by a
three-member panel which recommends them to the President of
India who makes the choice.
The University Executive Council has recommended to the
three-member committee reputed agricultural economist and
former Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University Yogender
K Alagh and R Chidambaram, Scientific Adviser to the Prime
Minister for the post of VC, a University official said.
The names need to be approved by the Ministry of Human
Resource Development while a third name for the panel will be
suggested by the Visitor.
Pental`s term at the helm of affairs in the Delhi
University ends in August.
"The panel once formed will in two or three sittings
finalise three prospective names for the post of the next Vice
Chancellor," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'