Albanian woman commits suicide in Delhi hotel
New Delhi: An Albanian woman allegedly committed suicide on Friday by hanging herself in her room at a hotel in Greater Kailash area, police said.
Duro Gledia, 29, was on a visit to India on a tourist visa along with her male friend, a Czech national. The incident came to light when Gledia`s friend returned to the room after having lunch and failed to open the door.
"When he failed to unlock the door, he called the manager and the staff for help. As soon as they broke open the door, they found her body hanging," police said. No suicide note was found, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi