Albanian woman commits suicide in Delhi hotel
New Delhi: An Albanian woman allegedly committed suicide on Friday by hanging herself in her room at a hotel in Greater Kailash area, police said.
Duro Gledia, 29, was on a visit to India on a tourist visa along with her male friend, a Czech national. The incident came to light when Gledia`s friend returned to the room after having lunch and failed to open the door.
"When he failed to unlock the door, he called the manager and the staff for help. As soon as they broke open the door, they found her body hanging," police said. No suicide note was found, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore