Alert issued for possible terror attack for Aug 15
New Delhi: The Centre has alerted the states
about the possibility of a terror attack, particularly in
Jammu and Kashmir and the North-East, in the run up to the
the Independence Day and asked them to take every possible
step to foil any attempt by militants to disturb peace.
Acting on intelligence inputs which suggested various
militant groups may try to carry our terror attacks
particularly in North-Eastern states and Jammu and Kashmir,
the Home Ministry asked the state governments to intensify
vigil at sensitive locations and public places.
"It is a comprehensive alert as well as advisory. We have
asked the states what to do and what not to," a senior Home
Ministry official said.
"We are specifically concerned about Assam, Manipur and
Jammu and Kashmir as we are regularly getting adverse
intelligence inputs. All these inputs have been shared with
the concerned state governments for necessary action," the
The Ministry also asked the states to deploy additional
forces in markets, religious places, airports, railway
stations and bus terminus.
Specific instructions were also given to Delhi Police to
take extra precautions in the national capital where Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh will unfurl the tricolour at the Red
Fort and ensure that the day passes off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir