Alert issued for possible terror attack for Aug 15
New Delhi: The Centre has alerted the states
about the possibility of a terror attack, particularly in
Jammu and Kashmir and the North-East, in the run up to the
the Independence Day and asked them to take every possible
step to foil any attempt by militants to disturb peace.
Acting on intelligence inputs which suggested various
militant groups may try to carry our terror attacks
particularly in North-Eastern states and Jammu and Kashmir,
the Home Ministry asked the state governments to intensify
vigil at sensitive locations and public places.
"It is a comprehensive alert as well as advisory. We have
asked the states what to do and what not to," a senior Home
Ministry official said.
"We are specifically concerned about Assam, Manipur and
Jammu and Kashmir as we are regularly getting adverse
intelligence inputs. All these inputs have been shared with
the concerned state governments for necessary action," the
The Ministry also asked the states to deploy additional
forces in markets, religious places, airports, railway
stations and bus terminus.
Specific instructions were also given to Delhi Police to
take extra precautions in the national capital where Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh will unfurl the tricolour at the Red
Fort and ensure that the day passes off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured