All nine central schemes under direct cash transfer
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Friday announced that it would add all nine centrally-sponsored schemes relevant to the capital on the Aadhar-enable Direct Cash Transfer scheme by April this year.
It also suggested inclusions of Aadhar numbers in university degrees and birth certificates.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit also said the national capital would achieve 95 per cent Aadhar enrolment target by next month.
Addressing a workshop on Aadhar Enabled Direct Cash Transfer, she said her government would put all nine centrally sponsored schemes relevant for Delhi on Aadhar Enabled Direct Cash Transfer mode by April 2013.
"On launch of Aadhar Enabled Direct Cash Transfer on January 1 by the Union Government, Delhi implemented four out of nine centrally sponsored schemes on this mode in its two districts North West and North East," she said.
Suggesting inclusion of Aadhar numbers on university degrees and birth certificates, the Chief Minister exhorted the departments concerned to work on this direction.
"Each Aadhar Number is unique to an individual and remains valid for life. Aadhar number helps in accessing to services. The unique identification is a revolutionary method to overcome bogus beneficiaries and duplication," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons