All options open in seat-sharing talks for Delhi polls: SAD
Patiala: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) is keeping all options open including exchange of seats with its ally BJP for the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi, party`s secretary general Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa said here on Tuesday.
"We have asked for four seats from BJP and we are not compromising for less than four," Dhindsa said, adding that the party will keep exploring all options and "it will remain open till the final agreement".
He said exchange of seats could be possible with BJP, but the SAD will stick to its demand for four seats.
Asked if BJP does not oblige to SAD, he said his party may contest in 14 to 15 seats on its own.
Asked about UPA`s move to ban opinion polls, Dhindsa said earlier the Congress and its alliance partners were in favour of them when they showed Congress ahead. But when the surveys went adverse, Congress leadership has been cursing it.
He said Congress was completely desperate and had realised that their days at the Centre were numbered. He said the SAD-BJP has been in favour of poll surveys, as it gave an idea about the mood of the voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown