All SDMC schools to have nursery classes
New Delhi: All schools under the South Delhi Municipal Corporation will now have a nursery class after a proposal to the effect was passed by the education committee on Wednesday.
"We have decided that from the next academic session, all schools under SDMC will have a nursery class for students aged four years and above. After this, they will gain admission to class 1," said Satish Upadhyay, Chairman of the Education Committee.
As of now, while 329 primary schools under the south civic body have a nursery class, 245 of them lack this facility.
"It was noticed that students who had passed through this elementary level were doing much better. Therefore, a proposal was passed today making it mandatory for all schools to impart such education," Upadhyay said.
He also explained that provision would be made to start such classes in the evening in case of shortage of classrooms.
"This would be convenient for the children as well. Also, in several schools, making one additional room available will not be a problem," Upadhyay said.
Clarifying on news reports that the SDMC was planning to have only female teachers in the 169 all-girls school under its ambit for safety reasons, he denied any such move by the education committee.
"Gender bifurcation in schools is not a solution to any problem. We don`t agree with such a thought process and the committee has not put forth any such proposal," Upadhyay said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way