All SDMC schools to have nursery classes
New Delhi: All schools under the South Delhi Municipal Corporation will now have a nursery class after a proposal to the effect was passed by the education committee on Wednesday.
"We have decided that from the next academic session, all schools under SDMC will have a nursery class for students aged four years and above. After this, they will gain admission to class 1," said Satish Upadhyay, Chairman of the Education Committee.
As of now, while 329 primary schools under the south civic body have a nursery class, 245 of them lack this facility.
"It was noticed that students who had passed through this elementary level were doing much better. Therefore, a proposal was passed today making it mandatory for all schools to impart such education," Upadhyay said.
He also explained that provision would be made to start such classes in the evening in case of shortage of classrooms.
"This would be convenient for the children as well. Also, in several schools, making one additional room available will not be a problem," Upadhyay said.
Clarifying on news reports that the SDMC was planning to have only female teachers in the 169 all-girls school under its ambit for safety reasons, he denied any such move by the education committee.
"Gender bifurcation in schools is not a solution to any problem. We don`t agree with such a thought process and the committee has not put forth any such proposal," Upadhyay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi