All wards in AK Walia`s constituency go to BJP
New Delhi: Municipal polls did not augur well for Congress ministers in Delhi as 16 of the 24 wards in their constituencies went to other parties.
The worst performance was in Laxmi Nagar, represented by AK Walia, where Congress lost all the four wards to BJP.
However, Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely had something to cheer as Congress won three of the four wards falling in his Gandhi Nagar constituency.
All the four wards -- Laxmi Nagar, Shakarpur, Pandav Nagar and Kishankunj -- in Laxmi Nagar, the constituency of Walia, went to BJP.
In Lovely`s Gandhi Nagar constituency, Congress lost Azad Nagar to BJP but won the other three -- Dharampura, Gandhi Nagar and Raghubirpura.
In Rajender Nagar, Minister Ramakant Goswami`s constituency, Congress could only win one seat while two went to BJP and the fourth to an independent.
Another Minister Kiran Walia also had nothing much to cheer as in her Malviya Nagar constituency, Congress could win only one seat.
In Harun Yusuf`s Ballimaran seat, Congress could win one seat while one went to RLD, the new entrant in Delhi polls, and two to BJP.
Two wards in Mangolpuri constituency of Rajkumar Chauhan went to Congress while BSP managed to bag one. BJP also got one ward in the constituency.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s New Delhi constituency does not fall under the Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics