Alleged Pak spy remanded in judicial custody
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday remanded a man arrested for allegedly working for a Pakistani intelligence agency in judicial custody till August 8.
Zubair Khan was arrested on July 17 and found in possession of secret documents relating to Indian Army which he claimed were to be supplied to an "agent" of Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav sent Khan to judicial custody till August 8.
Khan, a resident of Kakrala village in Uttar Pradesh, was produced in the court after expiry of his police custody and the anti-extortion cell of crime branch told the court that he be remanded in judicial custody as probe in the matter is still on.
During his interrogation, Khan had disclosed that he was working for a Pakistan intelligence agency and was in contact with some officials of Pakistan High Commission here and that the recovered documents were to be handed over to that agent of the Commission, police had told the court.
The police are trying to unearth the entire conspiracy and also working on identifying the persons who had supplied him the secret documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway