Amar Singh`s wife allowed to attend to him
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh,
undergoing treatment at AIIMS after his arrest in 2008
cash-for-vote scam, was on Friday allowed by a Delhi court to have
his wife Pankaja Singh as his attendant in the hospital.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal allowed Pankaja
Singh to act as "home attendant" for her husband at AIIMS till
his discharge from the hospital.
Sehgal allwed Singh to have his wife as attendant at
hospital after AIIMS Medical Superintendent, Dr D K Sharma,
told the court that Singh, in view his medical condition,
needs an attendant.
"In view of the statement of Dr DK Sharma, MS, AIIMS,
Pankaja Singh, wife of accused Amar Singh, is permitted to
remain as home attendant to the accused in hospital till his
discharge," the judge said.
The AIIMS Superintendent, who appeared in the court in
pursuance to its notice issued yesterday, said "I recommend
that an attendant be provided to accused/applicant Amar Singh
in view of his health condition."
He, however, clarified the nursing staff and attendant
are also provided by the hospital as per requirement.
"A patient admitted in the hospital requires the services
of an attendant to take care of the personal needs of the
patient even though the nursing staff and attendants are
provided to the patient from time to time," the MS said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter