Amar Singh`s wife allowed to attend to him
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh,
undergoing treatment at AIIMS after his arrest in 2008
cash-for-vote scam, was on Friday allowed by a Delhi court to have
his wife Pankaja Singh as his attendant in the hospital.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal allowed Pankaja
Singh to act as "home attendant" for her husband at AIIMS till
his discharge from the hospital.
Sehgal allwed Singh to have his wife as attendant at
hospital after AIIMS Medical Superintendent, Dr D K Sharma,
told the court that Singh, in view his medical condition,
needs an attendant.
"In view of the statement of Dr DK Sharma, MS, AIIMS,
Pankaja Singh, wife of accused Amar Singh, is permitted to
remain as home attendant to the accused in hospital till his
discharge," the judge said.
The AIIMS Superintendent, who appeared in the court in
pursuance to its notice issued yesterday, said "I recommend
that an attendant be provided to accused/applicant Amar Singh
in view of his health condition."
He, however, clarified the nursing staff and attendant
are also provided by the hospital as per requirement.
"A patient admitted in the hospital requires the services
of an attendant to take care of the personal needs of the
patient even though the nursing staff and attendants are
provided to the patient from time to time," the MS said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today