Ambedkar statue vandalised in Delhi
New Delhi: A statue of B.R. Ambedkar was vandalised and its nose and an index finger were broken off, police said.
"The statue in Dabri in east Delhi was probably damaged using a brick. A case of injuring or defiling a place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class has been registered," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why