American arrested with cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: An American national has been arrested at the IGI airport allegedly with 23 live cartridges, which police on Sunday claimed was brought from the United States without any valid documents.
Police said no firearms were recovered from Jeffrey Jinnin Worn, who was about to board a Turkish Airlines flight yesterday.
"During security check at the time of boarding, some suspicious items were found in Worn`s baggage. It was found that 23 live cartridges were in the bag. He admitted that the cartridges were his.
"The passenger accepted that bullets belongs to him and he brought from the US. But he was not holding valid license for the same. It was written `Hornady 45 Auto+P` on the cartridges," a senior police official said, adding that the American national was arrested.
A case under Section 25 of Arms Act was registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you