American arrested with cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: An American national has been arrested at the IGI airport allegedly with 23 live cartridges, which police on Sunday claimed was brought from the United States without any valid documents.
Police said no firearms were recovered from Jeffrey Jinnin Worn, who was about to board a Turkish Airlines flight yesterday.
"During security check at the time of boarding, some suspicious items were found in Worn`s baggage. It was found that 23 live cartridges were in the bag. He admitted that the cartridges were his.
"The passenger accepted that bullets belongs to him and he brought from the US. But he was not holding valid license for the same. It was written `Hornady 45 Auto+P` on the cartridges," a senior police official said, adding that the American national was arrested.
A case under Section 25 of Arms Act was registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic