American arrested with cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: An American national has been arrested at the IGI airport allegedly with 23 live cartridges, which police on Sunday claimed was brought from the United States without any valid documents.
Police said no firearms were recovered from Jeffrey Jinnin Worn, who was about to board a Turkish Airlines flight yesterday.
"During security check at the time of boarding, some suspicious items were found in Worn`s baggage. It was found that 23 live cartridges were in the bag. He admitted that the cartridges were his.
"The passenger accepted that bullets belongs to him and he brought from the US. But he was not holding valid license for the same. It was written `Hornady 45 Auto+P` on the cartridges," a senior police official said, adding that the American national was arrested.
A case under Section 25 of Arms Act was registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi