American arrested with live cartridge at Delhi airport
New Delhi: A 56-year-old American
national, CEO of a US firm, was on Wednesday arrested at the Indira
Gandhi International Airport here for allegedly carrying a
Daniel Jon Starks was apprehended at the airport
during baggage checking by the CISF team, CISF spokesperson
Rohit Katiyar said.
Starks, the chief executive officer of a cardiac
equipment company, was on way to Dharamsala and was to board a
chartered flight when a live cartridge of 45 Auto was found in
"He was arrested and produced in a court which send
him to one day judicial custody. His company deals with
cardiac related equipment," Deputy Commissioner of Police
(IGI) R A Sanjeev said.
When confronted, a senior police official said, Starks
produced a US arms licence but as it was not valid, he was
taken into custody. Starks had a multiple entry visa and was
on a business trip to India.
His company develops medical technology and services
to treat cardiac, neurological and chronic pain patients. The
equipment developed by his group deal with cardiac rhythm
management, arterial fibrillation, cardiovascular and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!