Amit Shah`s entry in UP led to `trail of blood`: Cong
New Delhi: Hitting out at Narendra Modi`s key aide Amit Shah over Muzaffarnagar riots, Congress on Friday said the trail of blood in the state is "just a trailer", which started after the Gujarat leader was made BJP`s in-charge of Uttar Pradesh.
"The trail of blood, divide and rule and spreading hatred. This is the trailer and the full picture is yet to come...One Modi came out and released Amit Shah in UP, you saw the trailer. Historically Jaats and Muslims were together," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She also vehemently denied that Congress was giving any clean chit to Samajwadi Party in the whole episode but added "We are not going stir the political pot there. We are giving the state government time to restore normalcy there."
It`s not a case of SP having committed no wrong in the matter as after all it is their government in the state, Chowdhary added.
A senior party leader speaking on the condition of anonymity said that while the Congress in way was seeking to exonerate the SP as far the riots are concerned, fact remains that things were not such as long as Amit Shah had not made an entry into UP politics.
"Jaats and Muslims had traditionally stayed there together and now the are fighting," the leader said.
At the AICC briefing, Chowdhary, however, steered clear of questions on whether the party would press for bringing the communal violence bill in the Winter session of Parliament as there has been an upsurge in the incidents of communal riots in many states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy