Anand Vihar-Vaishali metro inauguration delayed
Ghaziabad: Inauguration of Anand Vihar-Vaishali metro line which was scheduled for July 9 could be delayed owing to Chief Minister Mayawati`s unavailability, a Ghaziabad Development Authority official said.
"Mayawati was going to inaugurate the new line on July 9 but now it should be delayed owing to the CM`s busy schedule and incomplete work on the stretch," Ghaziabad Development Authority vice-chairman Narender Kumar Chaudhry said on Saturday.
However, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has indicated that there will be no change in the inauguration date stating that the major work on the line will be completed by July 9.
Chief Manager of Metro Rail Safety will inspect the Anand Vihar-Vaishali corridor on July 12 and will issue a safety certificate, it said.
Chaudhry said that feeder buses will be provided for passengers in Ghaziabad to give them easy access to the metro.
Rupees 3,700 crore have been allocated for further extension of the metro line up to Mohan Nagar and widening and construction of highways and link roads in Ghaziabad, Muradnagar and Modinagar, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you