Anand Vihar-Vaishali metro inauguration delayed
Ghaziabad: Inauguration of Anand Vihar-Vaishali metro line which was scheduled for July 9 could be delayed owing to Chief Minister Mayawati`s unavailability, a Ghaziabad Development Authority official said.
"Mayawati was going to inaugurate the new line on July 9 but now it should be delayed owing to the CM`s busy schedule and incomplete work on the stretch," Ghaziabad Development Authority vice-chairman Narender Kumar Chaudhry said on Saturday.
However, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has indicated that there will be no change in the inauguration date stating that the major work on the line will be completed by July 9.
Chief Manager of Metro Rail Safety will inspect the Anand Vihar-Vaishali corridor on July 12 and will issue a safety certificate, it said.
Chaudhry said that feeder buses will be provided for passengers in Ghaziabad to give them easy access to the metro.
Rupees 3,700 crore have been allocated for further extension of the metro line up to Mohan Nagar and widening and construction of highways and link roads in Ghaziabad, Muradnagar and Modinagar, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan