Andaman youths rescued in New Delhi
Port Blair: At least 62 youths, including 22 girls of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, who were duped by a company on promise of jobs, were rescued in New Delhi, officials said.
On receiving information, Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) Bhopinder Singh ordered the Resident Commissioner in New Delhi to rescue them and arrange for their transportation back to the Islands, they said.
The youths were rescued with the help of local police on Wednesday.
The youths gave Rs 40,000 each to the fake company based in Indirapuram. The company had promised them jobs for money.
The police has also arrested Animesh Chowdhuary and Farhana Firdous on charges of cheating, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?