Andaman youths rescued in New Delhi
Port Blair: At least 62 youths, including 22 girls of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, who were duped by a company on promise of jobs, were rescued in New Delhi, officials said.
On receiving information, Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) Bhopinder Singh ordered the Resident Commissioner in New Delhi to rescue them and arrange for their transportation back to the Islands, they said.
The youths were rescued with the help of local police on Wednesday.
The youths gave Rs 40,000 each to the fake company based in Indirapuram. The company had promised them jobs for money.
The police has also arrested Animesh Chowdhuary and Farhana Firdous on charges of cheating, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic