Andaman youths rescued in New Delhi
Port Blair: At least 62 youths, including 22 girls of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, who were duped by a company on promise of jobs, were rescued in New Delhi, officials said.
On receiving information, Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) Bhopinder Singh ordered the Resident Commissioner in New Delhi to rescue them and arrange for their transportation back to the Islands, they said.
The youths were rescued with the help of local police on Wednesday.
The youths gave Rs 40,000 each to the fake company based in Indirapuram. The company had promised them jobs for money.
The police has also arrested Animesh Chowdhuary and Farhana Firdous on charges of cheating, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir