Andaman youths rescued in New Delhi
Port Blair: At least 62 youths, including 22 girls of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, who were duped by a company on promise of jobs, were rescued in New Delhi, officials said.
On receiving information, Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) Bhopinder Singh ordered the Resident Commissioner in New Delhi to rescue them and arrange for their transportation back to the Islands, they said.
The youths were rescued with the help of local police on Wednesday.
The youths gave Rs 40,000 each to the fake company based in Indirapuram. The company had promised them jobs for money.
The police has also arrested Animesh Chowdhuary and Farhana Firdous on charges of cheating, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love