Anmol Sarna death: Crime Branch to further probe the matter
New Delhi: Crime Branch will conduct further investigation into the death of a 24-year-old NRI student Anmol Sarna under mysterious circumstances following an alleged drug party with friends, Delhi Police has informed a court here.
The police informed Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma about the development when they produced Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), who were deployed as security guards at an apartment in Kalkaji here where Anmol was injured, before him for extension of their judicial custody.
The judicial custody of Mishra and Surender, who were arrested for allegedly assaulting Anmol leading to his death, was extended till October 28.
The police told the court that the investigation of the case has been handed over to its Crime Branch.
The police`s response came after the family of Anmol had accused Delhi Police of shielding his four friends and framing two security guards in his murder and demanded the case be investigated by the Crime Branch.
During the hearing, the Crime Branch of Delhi Police also informed the court that it has already started its work and will investigate the matter from beginning.
Anmol, who had completed his high school from New York, was to return to Canada for further studies but died under mysterious circumstances after a drug party on the intervening night of September 13 and 14 organised at one of his friend`s flat at South Park Apartment in Kalkaji area.
Police said the party lasted till midnight after which Anmol was thrashed by the guards for creating a ruckus in the complex. At around 2 AM, Anmol was found bleeding in the apartment complex and later died at a hospital.
Anmol`s friends, accused Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah, Shivank Gambhir and Ritham Girhotra, all in their 20s, are presently out of jail on interim bail till October 22.
The four have to surrender before the court on expiry of their 15 days interim bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan