Anmol Sarna death: Crime Branch to further probe the matter
New Delhi: Crime Branch will conduct further investigation into the death of a 24-year-old NRI student Anmol Sarna under mysterious circumstances following an alleged drug party with friends, Delhi Police has informed a court here.
The police informed Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma about the development when they produced Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), who were deployed as security guards at an apartment in Kalkaji here where Anmol was injured, before him for extension of their judicial custody.
The judicial custody of Mishra and Surender, who were arrested for allegedly assaulting Anmol leading to his death, was extended till October 28.
The police told the court that the investigation of the case has been handed over to its Crime Branch.
The police`s response came after the family of Anmol had accused Delhi Police of shielding his four friends and framing two security guards in his murder and demanded the case be investigated by the Crime Branch.
During the hearing, the Crime Branch of Delhi Police also informed the court that it has already started its work and will investigate the matter from beginning.
Anmol, who had completed his high school from New York, was to return to Canada for further studies but died under mysterious circumstances after a drug party on the intervening night of September 13 and 14 organised at one of his friend`s flat at South Park Apartment in Kalkaji area.
Police said the party lasted till midnight after which Anmol was thrashed by the guards for creating a ruckus in the complex. At around 2 AM, Anmol was found bleeding in the apartment complex and later died at a hospital.
Anmol`s friends, accused Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah, Shivank Gambhir and Ritham Girhotra, all in their 20s, are presently out of jail on interim bail till October 22.
The four have to surrender before the court on expiry of their 15 days interim bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know