Anna Hazare has meeting with VK Singh
New Delhi: Their relations apparently under strain, activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday had a meeting with former army chief Gen V K Singh who recently shared the dais with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Haryana and later said he will continue work with him.
The meeting came following the statement from Hazare a few days ago that he would break his ties with the former Army chief if he joins any political party after he shared the dais with Modi at a BJP rally in Rewari in Haryana.
Singh met Hazare and is reportedly clarified his position.
Singh said that he had shared the stage with Modi only because it was a rally of ex-servicemen. He said he would not be joining BJP. With his stand clear, I don`t think there is going to be any problem for our work to continue, Hazare said.
After his split with Arvind Kejriwal, who formed Aam Aadmi Party, Hazare had also formed Jantantra Morcha with Singh.
Both had toured various states to create awareness among the people on corruption issue.
Hazare was in Delhi for a training session for volunteers of Jantantra Morcha later in the week.
Hazare, while commenting on the ordinance on convicted MPs and MLAs, said people would teach a lesson to those, who are opposing its withdrawal, in the coming elections.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!