Anna Hazare has meeting with VK Singh
New Delhi: Their relations apparently under strain, activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday had a meeting with former army chief Gen V K Singh who recently shared the dais with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Haryana and later said he will continue work with him.
The meeting came following the statement from Hazare a few days ago that he would break his ties with the former Army chief if he joins any political party after he shared the dais with Modi at a BJP rally in Rewari in Haryana.
Singh met Hazare and is reportedly clarified his position.
Singh said that he had shared the stage with Modi only because it was a rally of ex-servicemen. He said he would not be joining BJP. With his stand clear, I don`t think there is going to be any problem for our work to continue, Hazare said.
After his split with Arvind Kejriwal, who formed Aam Aadmi Party, Hazare had also formed Jantantra Morcha with Singh.
Both had toured various states to create awareness among the people on corruption issue.
Hazare was in Delhi for a training session for volunteers of Jantantra Morcha later in the week.
Hazare, while commenting on the ordinance on convicted MPs and MLAs, said people would teach a lesson to those, who are opposing its withdrawal, in the coming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt