Anna Hazare will not come to swearing-in ceremony, says Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: Aam Aadmi Party convenor and chief minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal on Friday invited his mentor Anna Hazare for his oath-taking ceremony to be held at Ramlila Maidan on Saturday.
However, Kejriwal citing Anna`s poor health condition, said that he will not come for tomorrow swearing-in ceramony.
"Arvind spoke to Anna on phone this morning and asked him to attend his swearing-in ceremony tomorrow," Aam Aadmi Party sources said.
Sources said Anna has also been sent an official invitation from Lieutenant Governor to attend the ceremony.
The AAP convenor considers Anna as his political guru as, in 2011, both of them had initiated an anti-corruption movement to bring the Jan Lokpal bill.
Last year, Anna and Kejriwal parted ways over Kejriwal deciding to form his own political party to bring the Jan Lokpal and other changes while Anna decided to remain apolitical.
Recently, the 76-year-old Gandhian activist had observed fast to pressurise the government to bring in the anti- corruption legislation, which had been hanging for nearly half a century, and was finally passed in Parliament on December 18.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?