Anna warns lawmakers that people are watching them
New Delhi: Raising its pitch against MPs, Team Anna on Tuesday asked lawmakers whether the "good MPs" will support 162 of those with criminal background or demand cleansing of Parliament.
The Team also warned lawmakers that people were watching them.
The reaction came as Parliament was set to take up JD(U)
Chief Sharad Yadav`s notice for motion to censure members of
Team Anna following their utterances against MPs.
"Will `good` MPs today stand by 162 MPs with criminal
backgrounds or would they demand cleansing of Parliament. Whole
country would watch today," prominent Team Anna member Arvind
Another key member Kiran Bedi tweeted, "Can our
Parliament while debating a resolution condemning Team Anna
pass a creative/strategic vision of what Parliament ought to
be and how..?"
MPs in Lok Sabha had hit out at Team Anna yesterday for
using derogatory language against Parliamentarians and
political parties during Anna Hazare`s one-day fast in Jantar
Mantar on Sunday.
Defending himself, Kejriwal yesterday claimed that the
current Parliament has a "serious problem of credibility" as
there are 162 lawmakers having criminal records.
Bedi today said, "Parliament time is preciously
expensive. It could be put to better use by resolving
parties won’t give tickets to tainted candidates."
She said any government official with `doubtful
integrity` is denied promotion and there is no such thing for
MPs. "Please listen to your voters appraisal," she said.
"We appeal to Parliament to pass a strategic vision which
includes zero tolerance towards `Judicial-charged MPs`. It
will help restore trust," she added. She also touched upon films having dialogues against politicians.
"How about total recall of dialogues of movies where
politicians are shown corrupt/immoral and cleared by Censor
Board. Any privilege against anyone..?
"When anti-corruption movement exposes stark realities,
it is bitter truth and bound to hurt some entrenched mind
sets. It is understandable," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'