Announcement on unauthorised colonies meant to woo voters: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday alleged that the city government`s announcement that 900 unauthorised colonies would be regularised at one go was aimed at wooing voters ahead of the 2013 Assembly elections.
Accusing Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of cheating the people, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said, "In view of the forthcoming elections, Delhi government has again started making promises to residents of unauthorised colonies.
"Though the chief minister has announced that 917 colonies shall be regularised at once and all the legal and documentary formalities have been completed, it is beyond the powers of the Delhi government and the Central government to regularise unauthorised colonies," he said.
Gupta claimed that these colonies cannot be regularised till the Central Government makes amendments in the Forest Act, Ridge Management Board Rules, AMASR Act in addition to permission from the Delhi High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened