Annual IITF to open on Nov 14
New Delhi: As many as 1.4 million people are
expected to throng the fortnight-long India International
Trade Fair (IIFT), kicking off at Pragati Maidan here from
The first five days of the trade fair would be reserved
for business and trade visitors. The 31st edition of the
annual IITF will open for the general public from November 19
Over 6,000 exhibitors from India and abroad, showcasing a
range of products, will take part in the fair.
Traffic restrictions would come into force around Pragati
Maidan. Vehicles will be allowed to park at Ashpond, Delhi
Zoo, Bhairon Road, Pragati Maidan Metro Station and Purana
Quila, India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) Chairman-
cum-Managing Director Rajeev Kher told reporters here.
Elaborate security arrangements, including close-circuit
TVs, have been made, he said. X-ray baggage scanners will be
available at all entry points.
Twenty-seven states and Union Territories, besides PSUs
like Khadi and Village Industries Commission, National Small
Industries Corporation, National Mission on Bamboo and Housing
and Housing and Urban Development Corporation will be among
While West Bengal and Jharkhand are the "partner States"
this year, Bihar and Orissa have been branded as "focus
States". The theme for this year’s event is `Indian
Handicrafts- the magic of the gifted hands`.
No international partner has been named this year. Kher
said, " there is no compulsion to have a foreign partner every
Fair tickets would be available at all metro rail
stations (DMRC). The entry into the fair will be between 9.30
AM and 7.30 PM. Senior citizens and physically-challenged will
be given free entry into the fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA