Another foggy day for Delhiites
New Delhi: Dense fog in the capital spelt
trouble for the denizens for another day on Wednesday as air and rail
services could not catch up with their schedule, resulting in
the rescheduling of over 200 flights and 100 trains.
Around 200 domestic and international flights
operating from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here
were delayed, diverted or cancelled as the fog started
descending on the city late last night.
The runway visibility dropped to 50 metres due to
which 21 domestic and international flights were diverted
while 15 others were cancelled," an airport official said.
Some other flights to Chandigarh, Jaipur and Shimla
were also cancelled. Yesterday also, over 200 flights were
affected after thick fog enveloped the airport and reduced the
visibility to 50 metres.
Road and rail traffic was also affected in the
capital. Around 100 train services were affected due to fog,
The minimum temperature was recorded at 9.8 degree
Celsius as against yesterday`s 9.4 degrees while the maximum
was at 24.5 degrees as against 22.8 degrees.
The Weatherman is predicting similar weather
conditions for tomorrow with dense fog in the morning hours
and temperature oscillating between 11 and 25 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt