Another hoax call at MCD Hqrs, police goes into tizzy
New Delhi: An anonymous call threatening to
blow up the MCD headquarters this morning prompted police to
conduct an extensive search at the heritage building in the
walled city but it turned out to be hoax.
The call came a day after hoax calls were made claiming
that bombs have been placed in two hospitals, two Metro
stations and three government buildings, including the MCD
headquarters, keeping the police on their toes.
The Police Control Room received a call at around 8:20 am
today claiming that explosives have been placed at the Town
Hall, the MCD headquarters, after which bomb disposal teams
and dog squads conducted extensive searches for about 75
The caller had yesterday telephoned the police and said
that the MCD headquarters was also a target.
"The police received the call at around 8:20 am. They
reached the building at 8:35 am and searches were conducted
till 9:50 am. No explosives were found and the building was
declared safe," an MCD spokesperson said.
The call was made from a mobile phone and when called
back, it was found switched off. The hoax calls yesterday were
made from a landline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad