Another phone-tapping racket busted, three arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police said Saturday that it had busted another gang involved in activity similar to the one being investigated in BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s call detail records (CDRs) access case.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police arrested three people -- Delhi Police constable Lalit Kumar, businessman Akash Jain and private detective Chandra Sekhar. The arrests were made Saturday, and the three were sent to two days` police custody by a city court.
"The accused were using the official e-mail ID of the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Kalkaji to procure CDRs of some prominent personalities, including senior advocates and politicians," a police officer said.
Kumar was posted at the office of ACP Kalkaji while Chandra Sekhar runs a detective agency from his office in east Delhi`s Laxmi Nagar.
The matter came to light some months back when an advocate, Jitendra Garg, filed a complaint with police claiming his phone call records were being procured illegally.
"A probe was ordered into Garg`s complaint, and it was learnt that the official e-mail ID of ACP Kalkaji was used last year for procuring Garg`s call records illegally," said the officer.
Seven people, including three policemen, have already been arrested within a week during investigations into Bharatiya Janata Party senior leader Arun Jaitley`s phone-tapping case. It was found these men had also sought call records of other politicians. They had also sought details of the phone calls made by some businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday