Anoushka blackmail case: Delhi Police files chargesheet
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday filed a
chargesheet in a local court against a man for allegedly
trying to extort money from Anoushka, daughter of sitar
maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar, after obtaining her private
photographs by hacking her e-mail accounts.
In the chargesheet, filed in the court of Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja, Delhi Police Special
Cell sought prosecution of Junaid Khan for offences related to
extortion under the IPC and under the provisions of
Information Technology Act.
Junaid, a businessman, was arrested by the Special Cell
in Mumbai on September 14 for allegedly demanding money from
Anoushka after obtaining her private photographs by hacking
The CMM has put the chargesheet for consideration on
It had recently issued Letters Rogatory (LR) to US
authorities seeking assistance from judicial authorities there
to help in collection of evidence in the case.
In the application filed before the court earlier, the
police had sought details of internet protocol of Anoushka`s
email ID from California-based Google Inc.
Anoushka`s email ID was allegedly hacked by Junaid
between May 11 and September 14 after his visit to Dubai and
later from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media