Ansari condoles Delhi Police constable`s death
New Delhi: Vice-President Hamid Ansari Tuesday condoled the death of the police constable, who was injured in violent protests at India Gate on Sunday against the Delhi gangrape.
Ansari conveyed his heartfelt condolences to family members of constable Subhash Chand Tomar.
Tomar breathed his last at the RML Hospital here this morning.
The 47-year-old constable was on ventilator since his admission in the hospital.
Tomar was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protest on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter