Ansari condoles Delhi Police constable`s death
New Delhi: Vice-President Hamid Ansari Tuesday condoled the death of the police constable, who was injured in violent protests at India Gate on Sunday against the Delhi gangrape.
Ansari conveyed his heartfelt condolences to family members of constable Subhash Chand Tomar.
Tomar breathed his last at the RML Hospital here this morning.
The 47-year-old constable was on ventilator since his admission in the hospital.
Tomar was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protest on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan