Ansari condoles Delhi Police constable`s death
New Delhi: Vice-President Hamid Ansari Tuesday condoled the death of the police constable, who was injured in violent protests at India Gate on Sunday against the Delhi gangrape.
Ansari conveyed his heartfelt condolences to family members of constable Subhash Chand Tomar.
Tomar breathed his last at the RML Hospital here this morning.
The 47-year-old constable was on ventilator since his admission in the hospital.
Tomar was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protest on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city