Ansari to visit China for 60th anniversary of Panchsheel
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari will visit China next week to attend events marking the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel treaty signed between the two countries in 1954 in Beijing.
Ansari is visiting China from June 26 to 30 at the invitation of the Vice President of China Li Yuanchao.
He will hold bilateral discussions with Li Yuanchao and call on President Xi Jinping in Beijing on June 30.
He will also visit Xian and meet the leadership of Shaanxi province.
"The Vice President will attend events to mark the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel at Beijing on June 28-29, 2014. The visit by Vice President Ansari, during the Year of India-China Friendly Exchanges, will strengthen the strategic and cooperative partnership between the two countries," a statement from the Ministry of External Affairs said here.
The five principles of peaceful coexistence are known as the Panchsheel. Their first codification in the form of a treaty was in an agreement between China and India in 1954.
In January this year, India and China had launched the Year of Friendly Exchanges in Beijing where Li Yuanchao said his country is committed to taking the strategic partnership to new heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal