Ansari to visit China for 60th anniversary of Panchsheel
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari will visit China next week to attend events marking the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel treaty signed between the two countries in 1954 in Beijing.
Ansari is visiting China from June 26 to 30 at the invitation of the Vice President of China Li Yuanchao.
He will hold bilateral discussions with Li Yuanchao and call on President Xi Jinping in Beijing on June 30.
He will also visit Xian and meet the leadership of Shaanxi province.
"The Vice President will attend events to mark the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel at Beijing on June 28-29, 2014. The visit by Vice President Ansari, during the Year of India-China Friendly Exchanges, will strengthen the strategic and cooperative partnership between the two countries," a statement from the Ministry of External Affairs said here.
The five principles of peaceful coexistence are known as the Panchsheel. Their first codification in the form of a treaty was in an agreement between China and India in 1954.
In January this year, India and China had launched the Year of Friendly Exchanges in Beijing where Li Yuanchao said his country is committed to taking the strategic partnership to new heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!