Anti-Sikh riots case: HC verdict on Sajjan`s plea on Tuesday
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Tuesday pronounce its verdict on several pleas, filed separately by Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and others, against a trial court order framing charges against them in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case relating to the killings of six persons.
Besides the Congress leader, co-accused Ved Prakash Pial, alias Vedu Pradhan, and Brahmanand Gupta had also moved the high court against framing of charges against them in the case relating to killings in Delhi`s Sultanpuri area.
Justice Suresh Kait, who had deferred the pronouncement of the judgement on April 29 saying further hearing was required, had again reserved the verdict on May 24 after the counsel for the riots victim sought framing of the additional charge of criminal conspiracy against Kumar and co-accused.
Complainant Sheela Kaur, a riot victim, had filed a cross-appeal in the high court seeking to invoke the charge of criminal conspiracy against Kumar and other four accused in the case.
The counsel for Kumar had, however, opposed the conspiracy charge saying no witnesses had alleged the leader conspired with others in the commission of offence.
CBI also said ample "prima facie" evidence was there to frame conspiracy charge against Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened