Apex court has turned into mini trial court: SC
New Delhi: Disapproving the nature of certain
arguments in the Aarushi murder case, the Supreme Court today
said that it has become a "mini trial court" by being asked to
look into pillow covers and bedsheets.
A bench of justices AK Ganguly and JS Khehar was of
the view entertaining petitions like the one moved by the
Aarushi`s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar was a waste of
judicial time which should be avoided.
"It is an abuse of judicial time. We are flooded with
such cases. We are ashamed by the manner in which power is
being exercised. Now apex court will be looking into
pillocover and bedsheets. What is happening," the bench said
when Nupur`s lawyer referred to various evidences in her
favour in Aarushi murder case.
"No trial can take place if such petitions are
entertained. It is a wastage of judicial time. There are mini
trials taking place in the apex court," the bench said.
The court refused to interfere in the trial court
proceeding and vacated the stay on the trial of Talwar couple
in the sensational murder case.
"We are not trial court. We are only summoning order. Why
are you placing all the facts of the case here," the court
said adding, "We sometime wonder whether we are a mini trial
"If this is the standard then we are feeling shocked.
Once the notice is issued then we have to hear the matter. If
this is the standard then in all cases notice has to be
issued," the bench said.
14-year-old Aarushi, the only daughter of the Talwars,
was found dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida
residence on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008 and the
body of their domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace
the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion