Apex court has turned into mini trial court: SC
New Delhi: Disapproving the nature of certain
arguments in the Aarushi murder case, the Supreme Court today
said that it has become a "mini trial court" by being asked to
look into pillow covers and bedsheets.
A bench of justices AK Ganguly and JS Khehar was of
the view entertaining petitions like the one moved by the
Aarushi`s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar was a waste of
judicial time which should be avoided.
"It is an abuse of judicial time. We are flooded with
such cases. We are ashamed by the manner in which power is
being exercised. Now apex court will be looking into
pillocover and bedsheets. What is happening," the bench said
when Nupur`s lawyer referred to various evidences in her
favour in Aarushi murder case.
"No trial can take place if such petitions are
entertained. It is a wastage of judicial time. There are mini
trials taking place in the apex court," the bench said.
The court refused to interfere in the trial court
proceeding and vacated the stay on the trial of Talwar couple
in the sensational murder case.
"We are not trial court. We are only summoning order. Why
are you placing all the facts of the case here," the court
said adding, "We sometime wonder whether we are a mini trial
"If this is the standard then we are feeling shocked.
Once the notice is issued then we have to hear the matter. If
this is the standard then in all cases notice has to be
issued," the bench said.
14-year-old Aarushi, the only daughter of the Talwars,
was found dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida
residence on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008 and the
body of their domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace
the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3