Appoint mediator, withdraw your Bill: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday said government
should appoint a negotiator to hold talks with Anna Hazare on
the Jan Lokpal Bill and withdraw its draft from Parliament to
create "an atmosphere of trust".
Swami Agnivesh, one of the members of Team Anna`s core
committee, said they were open for talks but the government
should create an atmosphere for it.
"If the government wants to talk to us it should appoint
a negotiator," he said.
"We are open for talks. In order to open a door for
dialogue, the government has to create an atmosphere. They
have to create an atmosphere of trust by withdrawing the
government bill from Parliament and introduce Jan Lokpal Bill.
We will not budge from our stand. This is the least they
should do to earn our trust," Agnivesh said.
To questions on "strong words" being used by both
government and members of Team Anna, Agnivesh said it would be
good if both sides desist from using "such phrases" which
could lead to any kind of confrontation.
On the meeting between senior Maharashtra government
official and Hazare, he said the official has known the
Gandhian for a long time and he met him in his personal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city