Appoint mediator, withdraw your Bill: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday said government
should appoint a negotiator to hold talks with Anna Hazare on
the Jan Lokpal Bill and withdraw its draft from Parliament to
create "an atmosphere of trust".
Swami Agnivesh, one of the members of Team Anna`s core
committee, said they were open for talks but the government
should create an atmosphere for it.
"If the government wants to talk to us it should appoint
a negotiator," he said.
"We are open for talks. In order to open a door for
dialogue, the government has to create an atmosphere. They
have to create an atmosphere of trust by withdrawing the
government bill from Parliament and introduce Jan Lokpal Bill.
We will not budge from our stand. This is the least they
should do to earn our trust," Agnivesh said.
To questions on "strong words" being used by both
government and members of Team Anna, Agnivesh said it would be
good if both sides desist from using "such phrases" which
could lead to any kind of confrontation.
On the meeting between senior Maharashtra government
official and Hazare, he said the official has known the
Gandhian for a long time and he met him in his personal
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics