Arjun`s ashes to be immersed in three states
Sidhi: Ashes of veteran Congress leader
Arjun Singh, who was cremated on Sunday, would be immersed at
seven places across Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and
Family sources said here today that the late leader`s
second son, Ajay, would take the ashes for immersion to
The ashes will also be immersed in the Mandakini river
near Chitrakoot, in Narmada river at Jabalpur and Hoshangabad,
in Kshipra river at Ujjain, the Ganges river at Haridwar and
Sone river near here, they said.
The ashes will be brought to Bhopal tomorrow morning
and be kept for `Darshan` at the late leader`s Shivaji Nagar
residence here and then be taken by road to Ujjain and
Singh died in New Delhi on March 4 after battling a long
illness. He was 81.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi