Arjun`s claim on Anderson`s release far from truth: BJP
Bhopal: BJP leaders on Friday disagreed with claims of late Congress leader Arjun Singh in his soon-to-be released autobiography on the issue of then Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson`s release and alleged that it was an attempt to shield Rajiv Gandhi on the issue.
"Former Union Home Secretary RD Pradhan has already denied the contents. He (Arjun) was not stating facts correctly," former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa said.
On whether it was an attempt to shield former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on the issue, Patwa said "it is clearly visible."
He said that had Anderson not been released under the then Congress Government led by Arjun Singh, things would have been different for the Bhopal gas tragedy victims.
Madhya Pradesh Gas Tragedy Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Babulal Gaur also termed the Singh`s claims as "far away from the truth".
"When I met him (Arjun Singh) on the issue number of times and discussed him about Anderson`s release, he always told me that he acted on the directives of the Government of India," Gaur claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad