Armed men attack police station in Morena
Morena: A group of around 50 armed men allegedly attacked a police station here Wednesday and forcibly took away an accused from police custody after injuring two constables of Delhi police.
A team of police personnel from Delhi`s Greater Kailash police station came here to execute an arrest warrant issued against local liquor businessman Sanjeev Singh Kansana and arrested him early this morning from his house, Additional Superintendent of Police (Morena) S Satish Bino told reporters.
Later, they took Sanjeev to Morena kotwali and he was locked-up there from where he was to be taken to Delhi, Bino said.
In the meantime, Sanjeev`s younger brother and former zila panchayat president Raghuraj Singh Kansana, along with 50 persons carrying arms, reached there to secure his release from police custody, he said.
When the policemen objected, they beat up two Delhi policemen and opened fire in the police station, the ASP said.
The miscreants forcibly took away Sanjeev and fled, he said.
Delhi police inspector Sandeep Singh said Sanjeev, his sister`s husband Virendra Kohli and his brother-in-law Yogendra Singh had taken Rs one crore from a Delhi-based businessman, Ashok Ahuja, for selling a plot in the national capital, but neither gave him the plot nor returned the money.
A case under section 420 of IPC was registered in Delhi`s Greater Kailash police station against the trio, who were absconding, Singh Said.
Later, a Delhi court issued arrest warrants against them following which a police team from Delhi arrived here to arrest Sanjeev Kansana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee