Armed men attack police station in Morena
Morena: A group of around 50 armed men allegedly attacked a police station here Wednesday and forcibly took away an accused from police custody after injuring two constables of Delhi police.
A team of police personnel from Delhi`s Greater Kailash police station came here to execute an arrest warrant issued against local liquor businessman Sanjeev Singh Kansana and arrested him early this morning from his house, Additional Superintendent of Police (Morena) S Satish Bino told reporters.
Later, they took Sanjeev to Morena kotwali and he was locked-up there from where he was to be taken to Delhi, Bino said.
In the meantime, Sanjeev`s younger brother and former zila panchayat president Raghuraj Singh Kansana, along with 50 persons carrying arms, reached there to secure his release from police custody, he said.
When the policemen objected, they beat up two Delhi policemen and opened fire in the police station, the ASP said.
The miscreants forcibly took away Sanjeev and fled, he said.
Delhi police inspector Sandeep Singh said Sanjeev, his sister`s husband Virendra Kohli and his brother-in-law Yogendra Singh had taken Rs one crore from a Delhi-based businessman, Ashok Ahuja, for selling a plot in the national capital, but neither gave him the plot nor returned the money.
A case under section 420 of IPC was registered in Delhi`s Greater Kailash police station against the trio, who were absconding, Singh Said.
Later, a Delhi court issued arrest warrants against them following which a police team from Delhi arrived here to arrest Sanjeev Kansana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city