Armed men rob east Delhi bank; decamp with Rs 7 lakh
New Delhi: Five armed robbers barged into a
bank in east Delhi in broad daylight today and decamped with
Rs seven lakh in cash after holding the staff hostage on
gunpoint, police said.
The incident was reported from Development Credit Bank
located in an isolated area of New Kondli in Mauyr Phase-I at
around 3:30 pm, a senior police official said.
Four men covering their faces with helmets entered the
bank while the fifth one was waiting for them. They first
snatched the rifle of the security guard and held him hostage.
"Seven people, including the staff, were in the bank at
the time of incident. The robbers were carrying country-made
pistols and held everyone hostage," the official said.
The robbers then took the cash and fled from the scene,
he said adding everything happened within a few minutes and
the staff had no time to react.
According to the official, there were no CCTVs installed
in the bank.
A forensic team inspected the spot and investigators
recorded the statements of bank employees, he said.
Since the bank is close to Delhi-Noida border, the
official said, police were coordinating with their Uttar
Pradesh counterparts to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars