Armed robbers open fire in Delhi market, one killed
New Delhi: In a daring daylight robbery attempt, four bike-borne assailants Saturday shot dead a businessman and injured two others in one of the crowded markets of Sadar Bazar here, police said.
The incident took place around 11.30 am on Bhadurgarh Road in the busy Sadar Bazar market of central Delhi.
The bike-borne assailants had come to rob a businessman in the market but opened fire when they faced resistance from people around.
Nilesh Jain, 44, was killed in the firing while two others were injured, a police official said.
The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital.
Nilesh, who lived in Sarswati Vihar, ran a brass component business in Ahiran Gali (street) of Sadar Bazar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre