Army Chief-designate meet Defence Minister
New Delhi: Army Chief-designate Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Tuesday called on Defence Minister A K Antony at his South Block office today.
During his first visit to the capital after the government announced his appointment as the new Army Chief from May 31, Lt Gen Bikram Singh also met Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma.
He is also scheduled to meet Army Chief Gen V K Singh tomorrow. Army officials said the meeting will be a customary one and the two will discuss usual matters.
The Army Chief was on an official visit to Ambala and came back in the evening.
Lt Gen Singh, who is also looking after the charge of the Kolkata-based Eastern Command, will now be visiting the capital on a frequent basis as he will also be consulted before taking any decision related to the Army.
- CBSE challenges Kerala HC order allowing Hijab in exam hall for AIPMT 2016
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues
- Boredom in life triggers unhealthy snacking