Army Chief-designate meet Defence Minister
New Delhi: Army Chief-designate Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Tuesday called on Defence Minister A K Antony at his South Block office today.
During his first visit to the capital after the government announced his appointment as the new Army Chief from May 31, Lt Gen Bikram Singh also met Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma.
He is also scheduled to meet Army Chief Gen V K Singh tomorrow. Army officials said the meeting will be a customary one and the two will discuss usual matters.
The Army Chief was on an official visit to Ambala and came back in the evening.
Lt Gen Singh, who is also looking after the charge of the Kolkata-based Eastern Command, will now be visiting the capital on a frequent basis as he will also be consulted before taking any decision related to the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh