Army Chief visits Western Command headquarters
New Delhi: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Chandimandir-based Western Command Headquarters and reviewed its operational preparedness and training activities.
"The Chief reviewed the operational preparedness of the Western Command of the Army and interacted with senior formation commanders," Army officials said here.
Gen Singh also complimented the Western Command on the high levels of preparedness, focus on long term all round capability and capacity building efforts, they said.
The Army Chief later called on Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and interacted with ex-servicemen at a function in the evening.
"He assured the veterans of concerted efforts with renewed vigour to address their concerns during the Year of Veterans ? 2012," the officials added.
Gen Singh had recently visited the Jaipur-based South Western Command and had discussed the challenges facing it and the collective efforts required in overcoming them.
The Army Chief had also undertaken a similar visit to the Bathinda-based 10 Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees