Army Chief visits Western Command headquarters
New Delhi: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Chandimandir-based Western Command Headquarters and reviewed its operational preparedness and training activities.
"The Chief reviewed the operational preparedness of the Western Command of the Army and interacted with senior formation commanders," Army officials said here.
Gen Singh also complimented the Western Command on the high levels of preparedness, focus on long term all round capability and capacity building efforts, they said.
The Army Chief later called on Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and interacted with ex-servicemen at a function in the evening.
"He assured the veterans of concerted efforts with renewed vigour to address their concerns during the Year of Veterans ? 2012," the officials added.
Gen Singh had recently visited the Jaipur-based South Western Command and had discussed the challenges facing it and the collective efforts required in overcoming them.
The Army Chief had also undertaken a similar visit to the Bathinda-based 10 Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'