Army Chief visits Western Command headquarters
New Delhi: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Chandimandir-based Western Command Headquarters and reviewed its operational preparedness and training activities.
"The Chief reviewed the operational preparedness of the Western Command of the Army and interacted with senior formation commanders," Army officials said here.
Gen Singh also complimented the Western Command on the high levels of preparedness, focus on long term all round capability and capacity building efforts, they said.
The Army Chief later called on Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and interacted with ex-servicemen at a function in the evening.
"He assured the veterans of concerted efforts with renewed vigour to address their concerns during the Year of Veterans ? 2012," the officials added.
Gen Singh had recently visited the Jaipur-based South Western Command and had discussed the challenges facing it and the collective efforts required in overcoming them.
The Army Chief had also undertaken a similar visit to the Bathinda-based 10 Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC