Army Chief visits Western Command headquarters
New Delhi: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Chandimandir-based Western Command Headquarters and reviewed its operational preparedness and training activities.
"The Chief reviewed the operational preparedness of the Western Command of the Army and interacted with senior formation commanders," Army officials said here.
Gen Singh also complimented the Western Command on the high levels of preparedness, focus on long term all round capability and capacity building efforts, they said.
The Army Chief later called on Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and interacted with ex-servicemen at a function in the evening.
"He assured the veterans of concerted efforts with renewed vigour to address their concerns during the Year of Veterans ? 2012," the officials added.
Gen Singh had recently visited the Jaipur-based South Western Command and had discussed the challenges facing it and the collective efforts required in overcoming them.
The Army Chief had also undertaken a similar visit to the Bathinda-based 10 Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi