Armyman sets himself, wife on fire in Delhi
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Armyman set himself and his wife on fire by pouring petrol and lighting a match following a heated argument here, police said Monday. The couple have been admitted to a hospital where their condition was critical.
"Jitendra Janmeda, a rifleman (with the Indian Army), had come to meet his wife Deepika Tomar at her house at RK Puram area in south Delhi. The incident took place around 9 am," said a senior police officer.
They had an argument over some family dispute before Janmeda took the extreme step, officer said.
The couple have been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital, with Janmeda having 90 percent burn injuries while Deepika received 35 percent burn injuries.
They had married Jan 27, 2012 but Deepika left her husband`s house at Faridabad in Haryana following differences in their relationship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves