Armyman sets himself, wife on fire in Delhi
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Armyman set himself and his wife on fire by pouring petrol and lighting a match following a heated argument here, police said Monday. The couple have been admitted to a hospital where their condition was critical.
"Jitendra Janmeda, a rifleman (with the Indian Army), had come to meet his wife Deepika Tomar at her house at RK Puram area in south Delhi. The incident took place around 9 am," said a senior police officer.
They had an argument over some family dispute before Janmeda took the extreme step, officer said.
The couple have been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital, with Janmeda having 90 percent burn injuries while Deepika received 35 percent burn injuries.
They had married Jan 27, 2012 but Deepika left her husband`s house at Faridabad in Haryana following differences in their relationship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond