Armyman still atop mobile tower
New Delhi: Seventy-two hours have passed but an Armyman, who climbed a 200 ft mobile tower here four days back alleging harassment, remained defiant on Monday as he refused to come down, insisting he should be allowed to meet Defence Minister AK Antony.
K Muthu, who is attached with Engineers Regiment, climbed the tower at Ajmeri Gate at around 1 PM on Friday and refused to come down despite appeals by police and Army officials over the past four days.
The 35-year-old sepoy, hailing from Tuticorin district of Tamil Nadu, alleged that he was transferred five times in five years and wants to meet the Defence Minister with his complaints.
Colleagues from his unit are taking turns to be with him atop the tower and trying to convince him but in vain.
On Friday, he had thrown a bunch of papers and in one of the letters, he demanded his discharge from service due to alleged harassment by seniors.
He had also requested the commanding officer in the letter to get his salary of the last eight months cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor