Arrange translator for land records in Urdu: CIC to Delhi Govt
New Delhi: The Central Information Commission
has suggested to the Land and Building Department of Delhi
Government to make arrangement for the translation of land
records which are in Urdu.
The case came before Information Commissioner Shailesh
Gandhi while hearing the plea of an RTI applicant Ram Kishan
who had sought to know from the department the name of the
owner of a particular land at the time it was declared as
"Since no Urdu knowing person was working in E.P. Cell of
Land & Building Department the copy of the Jamabandi Record
(which is in Urdu language) was sent to the appellant. The
same has been asked to get translated from the Urdu translator
to know the name of the evacuee," the department said in its
The department meanwhile had provided the name in Hindi
as desired by the applicant days before the case was about to
come before the Commission.
"Considering the fact that the large number of records
available with the public authority are in Urdu it should make
some arrangements to ensure that a person is available to
translate the Urdu records," the Commission suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player