Artillery shells found in Delhi
New Delhi: Three boxes of artillery shells were found near a railway track here, police said Saturday.
"Three wooden boxes carrying three artillery shells were found around 9 p.m. (Friday evening) around 50 metres from the railway track at Naraina Vihar in south Delhi," a police officer told a news agency.
A police team with a bomb disposal squad went to the spot and the area was cordoned off, the officer said.
Since the ammunition boxes bore army stamps, police informed the army officials, who reached the spot and took them in their custody, police said.
A case has been registered at Naraina police station.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Shankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi