Artillery shells found in Delhi
New Delhi: Three boxes of artillery shells were found near a railway track here, police said Saturday.
"Three wooden boxes carrying three artillery shells were found around 9 p.m. (Friday evening) around 50 metres from the railway track at Naraina Vihar in south Delhi," a police officer told a news agency.
A police team with a bomb disposal squad went to the spot and the area was cordoned off, the officer said.
Since the ammunition boxes bore army stamps, police informed the army officials, who reached the spot and took them in their custody, police said.
A case has been registered at Naraina police station.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Shankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II