Artillery shells found in Delhi
New Delhi: Three boxes of artillery shells were found near a railway track here, police said Saturday.
"Three wooden boxes carrying three artillery shells were found around 9 p.m. (Friday evening) around 50 metres from the railway track at Naraina Vihar in south Delhi," a police officer told a news agency.
A police team with a bomb disposal squad went to the spot and the area was cordoned off, the officer said.
Since the ammunition boxes bore army stamps, police informed the army officials, who reached the spot and took them in their custody, police said.
A case has been registered at Naraina police station.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Shankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi