Artillery shells found in Delhi
New Delhi: Three boxes of artillery shells were found near a railway track here, police said Saturday.
"Three wooden boxes carrying three artillery shells were found around 9 p.m. (Friday evening) around 50 metres from the railway track at Naraina Vihar in south Delhi," a police officer told a news agency.
A police team with a bomb disposal squad went to the spot and the area was cordoned off, the officer said.
Since the ammunition boxes bore army stamps, police informed the army officials, who reached the spot and took them in their custody, police said.
A case has been registered at Naraina police station.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Shankar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'