Artillery shells found in Delhi
New Delhi: Three boxes of artillery shells were found near a railway track here, police said Saturday.
"Three wooden boxes carrying three artillery shells were found around 9 p.m. (Friday evening) around 50 metres from the railway track at Naraina Vihar in south Delhi," a police officer told a news agency.
A police team with a bomb disposal squad went to the spot and the area was cordoned off, the officer said.
Since the ammunition boxes bore army stamps, police informed the army officials, who reached the spot and took them in their custody, police said.
A case has been registered at Naraina police station.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Shankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ