Aruna Chaddha`s police custody extended by 3 days
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday extended by three days the police custody of Aruna Chaddha, an official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines, in a case related to the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma here Aug 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala allowed police to question Chaddha till Aug 16. She was arrested Aug 8.
Police sought an extension of her custody to unearth the conspiracy.
Geetika left a suicide note blaming Chaddha for her extreme step. Geetika also named her ex-employer and Haryana`s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the suicide note, police said.
Charges of abetment to suicide and criminal intimidation were slapped on Kanda, who has filed an anticipatory bail plea in the Delhi High Court.
Kanda has not appeared before police for questioning over the suicide of Geetika, whose body was found hanging in her house in north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar.
He owned the MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda.
According to Geetika`s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'