Aruna Chaddha`s police custody extended by 3 days
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday extended by three days the police custody of Aruna Chaddha, an official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines, in a case related to the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma here Aug 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala allowed police to question Chaddha till Aug 16. She was arrested Aug 8.
Police sought an extension of her custody to unearth the conspiracy.
Geetika left a suicide note blaming Chaddha for her extreme step. Geetika also named her ex-employer and Haryana`s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the suicide note, police said.
Charges of abetment to suicide and criminal intimidation were slapped on Kanda, who has filed an anticipatory bail plea in the Delhi High Court.
Kanda has not appeared before police for questioning over the suicide of Geetika, whose body was found hanging in her house in north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar.
He owned the MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda.
According to Geetika`s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview