Arunachal CM calls on President
New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Friday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here and congratulated him on behalf of the people of the state.
Accompanied by several ministers and legislators of the state, Tuki met the new president and highlighted the areas where the state required logistic and moral support from the centre.
Tuki said he was hopeful that the new President would pay special attention towards the landlocked state of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said.
Mukherjee assured them to consider the request, the sources said.
Tuki also invited Mukherjee to visit Arunachal Pradesh soon.
The chief minister was accompanied by Assembly Speaker Wangling Lowangdong, Tourism Minister Pema Khandu, Industries Minister Tapang Taloh, Parliamentary Secretaries Padi Richo and Gadam Ete, MLAs Alo Libang, Bamang Felix, Markio Tado along with Col Dhaniram Shandil, CWC member and AICC in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says