Arunachal CM calls on President
New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Friday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here and congratulated him on behalf of the people of the state.
Accompanied by several ministers and legislators of the state, Tuki met the new president and highlighted the areas where the state required logistic and moral support from the centre.
Tuki said he was hopeful that the new President would pay special attention towards the landlocked state of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said.
Mukherjee assured them to consider the request, the sources said.
Tuki also invited Mukherjee to visit Arunachal Pradesh soon.
The chief minister was accompanied by Assembly Speaker Wangling Lowangdong, Tourism Minister Pema Khandu, Industries Minister Tapang Taloh, Parliamentary Secretaries Padi Richo and Gadam Ete, MLAs Alo Libang, Bamang Felix, Markio Tado along with Col Dhaniram Shandil, CWC member and AICC in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers