Arunachal CM calls on President
New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Friday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here and congratulated him on behalf of the people of the state.
Accompanied by several ministers and legislators of the state, Tuki met the new president and highlighted the areas where the state required logistic and moral support from the centre.
Tuki said he was hopeful that the new President would pay special attention towards the landlocked state of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said.
Mukherjee assured them to consider the request, the sources said.
Tuki also invited Mukherjee to visit Arunachal Pradesh soon.
The chief minister was accompanied by Assembly Speaker Wangling Lowangdong, Tourism Minister Pema Khandu, Industries Minister Tapang Taloh, Parliamentary Secretaries Padi Richo and Gadam Ete, MLAs Alo Libang, Bamang Felix, Markio Tado along with Col Dhaniram Shandil, CWC member and AICC in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him