Arunachal CM calls on President
New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Friday called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here and congratulated him on behalf of the people of the state.
Accompanied by several ministers and legislators of the state, Tuki met the new president and highlighted the areas where the state required logistic and moral support from the centre.
Tuki said he was hopeful that the new President would pay special attention towards the landlocked state of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said.
Mukherjee assured them to consider the request, the sources said.
Tuki also invited Mukherjee to visit Arunachal Pradesh soon.
The chief minister was accompanied by Assembly Speaker Wangling Lowangdong, Tourism Minister Pema Khandu, Industries Minister Tapang Taloh, Parliamentary Secretaries Padi Richo and Gadam Ete, MLAs Alo Libang, Bamang Felix, Markio Tado along with Col Dhaniram Shandil, CWC member and AICC in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new