Arunima Sinha to turn Beautician?
New Delhi: She might have lost a leg, but
Arunima Sinha, the volleyball player who was allegedly pushed
from a speeding train, has not lost her confidence.
The 23-year-old national level player, who is
recuperating at the AIIMS since mid-April, could well become a
beautician in the near future as she is being imparted beauty
courses by Shahnaaz Hussain.
At the AIIMS Trauma Centre here currently, Arunima is
showing "considerable progress" and may be discharged soon,
doctors attending on her said.
"She is fit to be discharged. She has recovered well.
We have made arrangements for her prosthetics. In a day or two
we will discharge her. We are waiting for a go-ahead from the
orthopaedics department," Dr M C Misra, Chief of the Jai
Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, said.
Misra said Arunima is undergoing a training in beauty
parlour course offered by Shahnaaz Hussain. "She had come to
us two weeks back and offered to train Arunima in some beauty
"I had been offered many jobs but have not seen any
development till now. I have to make a living and that is why
I accepted the offer. Shahnaaz Hussain has also offered to
grant me a franchise in Lucknow," Arunima said.
Satisified with Arunima`s progress, Misra said: "We
will dicharge her once we are assured that she is not
dependent on anyone for movement. She will come back home to
us again for check-up."
Sinha was allegedly pushed out of a train in Bareilly
in Uttar Pradesh on April 11 by three men. She lost her left
leg in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH